Sunday 17 February 2013

Valentines Schmalentines.....

Only just got round to sitting down and writing a Valentines update on the blog. Hectic weekend as always!

Having only been together almost 4 years, we decided to no longer 'do' Valentines Day after the 2nd year. It just seems a pointless waste of money when we tell each other we love each other every day and have a wedding to save for etc.

Now this doesn't necessarily mean that I would not like a spontaneous gift brought in for me!!!! I may say that we don't need to do Valentines Day, but that doesn't actually mean I want nothing at all on Valentines Day! In fact, it would be even nicer to get a little bunch of flowers or some chocolates as I would be totally not expecting it. But no! Nothing, nothing at all.

In fact Tony was working until 8pm and we were in that much of a rush in the morning that we didn't even say Happy Valentines Day to each other. I quickly sent a text to say it once Tony had left for work and he replied with "fancy getting one of those meal for 2 deals for dinner". That's as romantic as it gets!

Don't get me wrong, Tony can be the most romantic person in the world when he wants to be. His proposal to me 2 years ago was the most romantic moment of my life so far, but I have never had a bunch of flowers for 'no reason', in fact never any sort of gift for 'no reason'. He always says I would think he had done something wrong if he did that, but I wouldn't on Valentines Day.

A girly friend of mine came round for coffee and gossip and left shortly before Tony got home. I got the dinner on and Noah went to bed. After dinner, I think we had one little peck of a kiss as he didn't kiss me when he walked through the door, then we took our favourite positions on either end of the sofa.

When we went to bed, Tony fell asleep the quickest he has ever fallen asleep in the history of us being together! I couldn't believe it! Not even any sort of passion/romance, nothing! He was talking gibberish to me, which was actually annoying me more and more and in the end I just turned my back on him.

I suppose I need to realise I can't have it all as he tells me on a regular basis :-)

On the flip side, today I dragged him to a wedding fair at The Hop Farm where we looked at centre pieces, photographers, bands etc so I think that is sufficient payback for the lack of romance on Thursday.

I'm hoping one year I will get a little surprise that is totally unexpected, but with Tony that will more than likely be him leaving a piece of fruit in his bag and the surprise for me will be my finger going through the mouldy skin.

You win some, you lose some............... he's just lucky he's so good looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment