Saturday 23 February 2013

Terrible two's already???

So this week, the devil child rose from the flames in the form of my ginger son!

I don't understand what has happened, but he has become an absolute menace! If he's not whinging, he's shaking his head and telling me no to absolutely everything. We have had many episodes of complete throwing himself on the floor, kicking, screaming and generally showing me up.

I had to take him for a hospital appointment on Wednesday straight from work, just a routine check up after a little op he had last year. I won't go into details, but he'll thank me when he's older. After me becoming so stressed out trying to park at Medway for over half an hour, we finally arrived 15 minutes late. When reaching the pediatric centre, I thought Noah would be in his element with the big play area. Instead he didn't want to get out of his pram, then he didn't want to get back in it, he wanted me to hold him, then he didn't want me to hold him.............. this is how it went on until I put him on the floor and told him to have a paddy. I didn't even care that other people were watching, I had just about had enough at that point! I even said to him that "I picked you up an hour ago and yet I want to take you back"! Awful, I know, but sometimes when you have wished for the whole day to go past so you can see your baby, then they annoy you so much within an hour, its quite upsetting!

We eventually were seen and then made our way for the exit. This was after I pinned Noah in the pram and then realised I had left my purse in the car, all the way back in the multi storey car park! Argh! In the stress of being late, I had left my purse in my hand bag rather than the change bag and so now had to go back to get it before I could pay for the ticket. I just wanted to get home. That evening, he was so hyperactive he was standing on the table jumping around and we couldn't wait to put him to bed. Every night this week, we have been looking forward to bed time, something we usually wish we could drag out.

I don't think it helps that he is not in a baby room at nursery as it needs double glazing, so he doesn't get to nap. It completely knocks our routine out and makes him such a different child. So frustrating, but they seem to not have any answers for it and I'm fed up of asking and moaning. Tony's turn to ask I think!

 The rest of the week seemed to continue in the same way. We went for dinner last night at The Harrow Inn and he just ran around screaming until our food arrived. He then sat in the high chair screaming. In the comfort of our own home, we ignore the screaming completely, thinking it is an attention seeking thing. When out at a restaurant, it is impossible to ignore. So embarrassing!

Today has been a good day I must admit. Then again, I weren't with him this morning. He was at my mums whilst I had my hair done at Images in Sheerness. Apparently he had a few tantrums, but nothing more than throwing himself on the floor. We then went for a bridesmaid dress fitting for my sister's wedding which is in September. There were toys and chocolate buttons to keep him happy, so was uneventful. We were supposed to be at a party tonight, but as he woke up at 4 this morning, a very rare occurance, both myself and Tony are too tired to go out. Never thought I would hear myself say that, but it comes to us all in the end!

Tony is working this weekend, so tomorrow me and Noah will be having an extremely lazy day at home. Cannot wait! Think I'll get my onesie on, bath Noah and put him back in a babygrow. Might even let him watch Peppa Pig all day! I'm really hoping we have a lovely day together, as I hate being annoyed with him when I don;t get to see him enough.

I'm thinking positive.............. if the terrible two's have started now, does it mean they will end sooner?!

On the plus side to this week, I'm off to see One Direction tomorrow night. I cannot explain my excitement about this other than, I've decided I need to dress a little sexy just in case Harry Styles see's me in the crowd and decides he wants to sing to me! I know at 30 this may seem a little sad, but this is the sort of thing that happens when you sit at home watching day time tv on maternity leave.

So Tony is at home with DC (devil child) tomorrow night. I shall leave out a survival guide and a list of emergency numbers in case it gets completely out of hand. If all else fails, a white hanky for surrender should be sufficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment