Wednesday 6 February 2013

Life now......

I returned to work last May and have now been back at work 9 months. Noah is now 19 months old and the time is flying by so quickly! I now feel that I never had any time off at all and can't believe how soon you just settle back into working life.

Life is certainly hectic though!

My daily morning routine consists of: alarm set for 6:20am (snoozed until 6:45 to maximise snuggly cuddle time), up, dressed, hair run through with GHD's, make up slapped on, sort Noah's clothes, meet the boys downstairs where Noah has had his bottle and maybe a bum change, start doing Noah's lunch, say same thing as every day "need to start doing this the night before", get Noah dressed, both clean our teeth, suddenly realise I need some lunch for the day, say good-bye to Tony, get Noah's shoes and coat on, chase him around the house, get loaded up with bags like a pack horse, out the door by 7:30am.

PHEW!!!!!!!

I then have a 25 minute journey to work where I chat to Noah as much as I can, with the limited words he can say. This usually involves some amount of stress and annoyance with meeting a tractor on the way which means the clock ticks by even quicker.

I drop Noah off at about 7:55, which no longers consists of tears on my behalf (he has never cried) but more a throw the bag through the door and pinning him down for a quick kiss. I then get to work for 8:00am, ready to start the day. I'm lucky to work directly opposite the nursery and so it means maximum time with my ginger ninja!

Kettle on, computer loading, the day begins. Work is pretty mundane, I work in I.T. How I work in I.T I will never know! I have no clue about computers but I'm good at my job if I say so myself and that's all that is needed. I work with a fab group of people and without them I don't think it would be the same. The morning seems to fly by and before I know it, it's lunch time. Me and a couple of the girls head off to the work gym for a quick work out and return afterwards feeling all slim and good about ourselves. Hence I said feeling there and not actually being, me that is, not the other girls!

Then the drag begins. All I want is for it to be 4:00pm so that I can go and collect Noah and make the most of the evening we have left. Eventually 3:45pm arrives, I wash my mug up and start to pack away, ready to be out of the building and to my car a minute after 4:00pm. I shoot round to the nursery, usually there by 4:03pm and rush in to get the monkey. He never wants to leave, which makes me feel great, but I'd rather that than him not want to be there.

We arrive home at about 4:35pm, get in, make a cuppa, get the tv on, and think what to have for dinner. Tony usually arrives home about 5:15pm unless he is on a 12 hour shift, which means he wont be home until 8:00pm instead. I get out lots of Noah's toys and we have play time on the rug. We have dinner about 6:00pm, I then bath Noah, get him ready for bed, read him a book and he has his last bottle. We try to get him to bed by 7:30pm, not always I must admit, but that is the plan. He usually falls asleep within 5 mintues and my feet can finally go up on the sofa.............. yeah right!

I then load the washing machine, do the washing up, make another cuppa, dry up and put away, get Noah's bag ready for the next day, have a shower, then I get to sit down and catch up on some tv. We like to be in bed by 10:00pm as we are just so shattered all the time, so not much down time before it all starts again. I must add, if Tony is home, he does help me with washing up etc, but it is more likely to be me doing it if he is working late.

At the point of going to bed I usually say the same thing every night consisting of, I still didn't paint my nails, I should've done Noah's lunch, I forgot to do this, that and everything else and then I wonder why I struggle to fall asleep immediately. I'm too busy thinking of everything that needs to be done the next day!

I often dream of what it must be like to be someone like Coleen Rooney. Never really had to work a day, except everything she's been handed because of being a footballers wife, probably has a cleaner, lives the life of riley and yet I bet she still complains about something. To be fair, she is married to Shrek so that I suppose that evens it out a bit, but sometimes what I'd give to swap lives just for a day.

The difference being all I would like is to wake up and say to Noah, what shall we do today then Mr Ginger? Shall we go and play at the park? Shall we go for a picnic? Shall we have a pyjama day?

One day I will get to do this, but at the moment I just live for my annual leave breaks and pray they are the slowest days known to man!

No comments:

Post a Comment