Thursday 7 February 2013

I'm blaming it on the sausages.......

I've had a few days off work this week with Tony and Noah which has been lovely. Took Noah for lunch and to see the animals at The Barnyard in Upchurch. We haven't been there before and it was a really amazing place. Not a bad price for food and to see the animals is free. When we left there, we then went to the Riverside Country Park in Lower Rainham. The fact that we have lived in this area now for a year and half, yet only just visiting these places is shocking, but now we've been I think we will visit them both regularly. Noah loved his time on the swings and slide and we enjoyed a cuppa in the cafe.



I really do like to make the most of my time off with Noah and feel bad that we often have days where we don't leave the house, so days out like this are brilliant for us all.

My annual leave ended last night when I had to travel to Rugby to attend a full staff meeting today. I managed to get out of the driving role and travelled up with 3 of my girlies from my work team. The plan was to get there about 9:30pm, dump our bags and head to the bar. The bar at the training college, which is where our full staff meeting was taking place, is notorious for its cheap drink and everyone being drunk.

We started off with 2 bottles of cheap rose wine between the the 4 of us and got chatting to colleagues we don't get to see very often. Before we knew it, we were buying another 2 bottles and a couple of bags of dry roasted peanuts. They would soak it up!

Now, 3 out of us 4 girls are mummy's and we don't get out much. That's what I am blaming it on. That and the fact that the bar is so cheap that it would be rude to not abuse it. We decided to head back to one of the girls room for tea and mini eggs and before we knew it, the clock said 1:40am. This is late for me! Very late! So we headed off to bed and I think I was asleep within seconds.

This morning when the alarm went off at 7:00am I obviously snoozed it for half hour. Eventually got up, showered, dressed and met the other girls for breakfast. The food at the training college is known to not be good, so I went for a safe 2 sausages, egg and plum tomatoes. As soon as I sat down, everyone commented on the sausages not being good. They did the trick though of making me feel slightly better and we were soon heading off to the meeting.

This is where it all went wrong. I was soon sitting in the meeting listening to the big boss man talking feeling very ill. I was sweating, feeling faint and starting to get the sick feeling. I had to get out of there, so myself and one of my lovely colleagues got up and walked out. It almost looked like we said "this is boring, lets go" but if I had of stayed I fear the row in front would have been in for a shock!

I got out of the door, knew the toilets were too far away so just decided to be sick on the gravel outside the main entrance. So classy! A meeting where every member of my work team were present, regional team, the big bosses I decide to be sick. I couldn't even blag this one on it being a bug as they were all in the bar with us the night before. How embarrassing!

After 4 times of being sick and generally feel pants all day, one of the Area Managers told me to go home. I could've kissed her, but I don't think she would have appreciated it with my sick breath.

The running joke all day has been the fact that I have blamed it on something else even though I knew it was the wine. So first of all, it had to be the sausages! Then a blueberry muffin, then the heat in the conference centre.............. this went on until we were on our way home and I finally admitted "I think it was the wine".

It wouldn't have been so bad if we weren't in the bar, giving it the big I am, swigging wine from the bottle, calling on after partys and then spent the day being sick. But it was there for everyone to know, I had been drunk and couldn't handle it.

I'm now officially a lightweight!

What I've learned is, don't give it the 'biggun' when your out of practice and can't lie the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment