Friday 20 January 2017

"I want new parents"

So this week has probably been one of the most stressful week's I've ever had!

Not only did I have to submit an access assignment early if I want to achieve more than a pass, I've had two university interviews!

As most of you know from your generous likes on my Facebook status, I have been offered a place on the University of Greenwich programme for BSc Hons Midwifery! I cannot believe that regardless of whether I get into Canterbury or not, I am going to be a student midwife.

Canterbury would be my university of choice, but if I'm not so lucky there, I will certainly be going to Greenwich.

Anyway, as I said, its been stressful due to the ginger doofus.

Any time Noah has a paddy now days, his favourite lines to say to us are....

"I don't like my parents"

"My parents are bullies"

"I don't want to live in this house anymore"

"I don't want to live in this country anymore"

"I want new parents"

Take tonight for example. Tony has been working. Noah has been on HIS i-Pad (yes at 5 yr's old), played with his toys, then we got a huge bit of cardboard for us to do lots of drawings on. We've had great fun doing this for at least an hour. 

So it's 8:30pm, past his bed time, and I tell him we need to pack away and we'll carry on tomorrow. I've obviously said the worst thing in the world and the torrent of abuse begins.

Except tonight, Tony told him to take himself to bed because if he doesn't like us, then he doesn't need us to read him a story and tuck him into bed. 

I'm having a minor melt down that he's going to pull his curtains off the wall trying to pull them, so I go up there to do that, where I find him sobbing because "he thinks I'm going to stay up there and he wants to read himself a story and put himself to bed".

Of course thats why your sobbing mate...... nothing to do with the fact that you are petrified to do that! Ha ha!

Needless to say, I'm working all weekend and couldn't cope with the idea of us going to bed on an argument when i'm not going to see him much. So I read him a story and tucked him in.

I have explained to him if he wants new parents, it can be arranged. He think's that I'm going to ring the children's home one day so he can go to live there, which to be honest he seems ok about. 

I'm going to throw the sentence "but you can't take your i-Pad" into the mix next time I say it. Then I'll get the reaction I want!

Bloody kids! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment