Tuesday 3 January 2017

First day back shambles

I don't know what happened last night, it was the worst nights sleep. 

Tony was restless and felt as though he didn't sleep properly & I remember putting my eye mask on at gone 2am, hoping it would force my eyes to close. 

Tony's last words to me before he went to bed, leaving me watching OITNB, were "don't worry about getting up tomorrow, I can take Noah to school".

So when I eventually went up to bed, I didn't set my alarm. "He's got this" were my thoughts.

Fast-forward to 08:45 this morning...........

Tony - "Oh no, it's quarter to 9, Noah's not even up yet, I'll get him ready, you're going to have to take him because I have a client at 9:15 and I won't be back in time".

Noah's school doors open at 08:50, with school starting at 09:00, so as you can tell, we were late. On the first day back, we were late by 10 mins. I adorned my beanie hat, meaning I hadn't brushed my hair.

He had no PE kit with him, no gloves or hat for play time and I felt terrible telling him we have to take him to reception, rather than his class, something we've only ever had to do once before. In all honesty, he loves going through reception. I think he feels grown up, making his own way to his class.

Then as I was walking up to the school, there were two more mums in front of me with their kids in tow. Then another behind me........ so I think its safe to say that there was a current theme of lateness this morning!

The Christmas break of not even two weeks, was just not long enough. 

If the trail of haggard parents, dragging kids through the school gates is not a tell tale sign of this, I don't know what is!

Roll on the next half term, whenever that is. 

The school run, in the cold, in the morning, is just not my bag baby.



Much love xx

P.S I will now, forever, set my own alarm. Especially if there is an offer for me to stay in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment