Sunday 28 February 2016

What can I do.... help!

As many of you know, I'm the moaniest person ever at the moment because I've been ill for what seems like forever!

So the piece of the puzzle I'm up to so far is that my gallbladder in enlarged, but after a ultrasound scan, they couldn't see any gallstones. I was sent home from hospital with no more information than that, no answers as to why my gallbladder was enlarged and no real fix to it.

After another visit to the doctors, she prescribed me stronger painkillers, so now I am on diclofenac and codeine daily. These still do not stop me being in pain! Her answer was that to have an enlarged gallbladder means that you usually have stones, and all of my symptoms are presenting as stones. 

I basically am not comfortable in any position, at any time. The pain in constant. I can't drive, I can't lift anything, I stand straight, I can't laugh, cough & god forbid I sneeze!

So my question is to people who have already had gallbladder problems/gallstones. Do i just keep going back to the doctors? I can't continue with this pain for much longer. I can't function on a day to day basis!

I've had a few people say that the gallstones were undetected on them, but they had their gallbladder removed and it was full of stones, is this a regular thing? Could this be what's happening with me? In this case, what do I do, just insist on a CT scan?

Will the pain eventually go? At the moment it is not easing up and I can't imagine it going any time soon. 

The hospital did blood tests & they said there is no sign of infection, yet I am on antibiotics. These finish tomorrow and there has been no change. Any idea?

The doctors seem to not tell me anything, I'm done with googling because everything I read points that I have gallstones & I feel like I'm going around in circles. 

So people that have had gallstones...... hit me up and tell me what I need to do to get this sorted because I can't cope much longer!

TIA,

The person with the smallest pain threshold obviously! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment