Friday 19 February 2016

I just want to feel well..... boo hoo!

I have been ill for what feels like an absolute age now, i've really had enough!

It started about 4 weeks ago with a cough, that just started out of the blue. Went straight to my chest and no other cold like symptoms. In the mean time I had the hospital stay with the suspected appendicitis and the cough still prevailed.

3 weeks after the cough beginning, I finally went to the doctors and she gave me some antibiotics. By that point, I felt achey, really achey. My joints were hurting so much, especially my knuckles and my legs are covered in random bruises. I must have been so run down and I just thought I could fight it off myself. 

The doctor told me to go back if the bruises don't go away or I notice more of them. Well I have more bruises and now an immense pain in my lower back and round onto my ribs. It is agony!!! I can't really move quickly and I most definitely can't lay on them. So now its the weekend & I can't get an appointment until Monday.

I also still have the cough, even though the antibiotics have finished. A cough when you have the worst pain in your ribs is really hard work! Even my neighbours must be fed up with the noise from me coughing and then moaning "Ow" every time!

I literally feel exhausted. I'm not sure if this is down to not sleeping well because of the coughing and now the ribs, or just because I'm unwell. I've had my dressing gown on all afternoon and just want to sleep which is easier said than done when you have a 4 year old to look after.

I must have the immune system of an ant, which on a body the size of what can only be described as a small rhino, is probably not going to work very well.

I cancelled a night out last weekend because of feeling so ill and starting the antibiotics and now I'm fearing i'm going to have to cancel again tomorrow because I feel so run down still. I so want to drink cocktails with some of my girls. 

Fingers crossed I wake up in the morning feeling brand new tomorrow! I'm not holding out much hope, but some co-codamol tonight might make for a better nights sleep. 

Love,

The Invalid 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment