Sunday 25 October 2015

Can I change my name now please?

We're now at the end of a lovely family weekend together. These 2 day weekends are not straight in my basket at all! I have had 3 day weekends for the last 3 years and I'm taking a while to adjust.

The weekend has consisted of no lay-in's, but a fun Saturday of pumpkin picking. If you haven't been yet, we went to Beluncle Farm in Hoo. They had loads of pumpkins left, so if you are stuck for any half term activities, make this one! There were no real queues and that was mid-day on a Saturday, so should be fine. 

The we went to Hempstead to buy some birthday presents for Noah's parties that he has been invited to over the next couple of weeks. Whilst we were there, Tony said he just needed to go and do something, which was a secret from me and Noah. So I said we'd scoot off to shop and meet him later. He said "well you're going to need to know soon enough anyway" and we walked into a travel agents. He's only gone and booked for us to go to Disneyland Paris in 4 weeks time!!!!!! Amazing!! What a total babe! So thoughtful and kind of him to do something like this for us. Plus it's going to be Christmas at Disney!!! Completely magical & memories will be made for sure! I can't wait to see Noah's face, especially when we have breakfast at Café Mickey!




But my title of this post is about something else. Have any other mums ever wanted to change their name? Well, the name their child calls them? This weekend I have decided I don't want to be called mum for a while. I vote that me and Tony change. I'll take dad, not a problem!

If I hear "mum", "mum", "mum", one more time I fear I'll scream! He doesn't even give me time to answer before he says it again! If Tony answers, he says quite abruptly "I asked for mum"!

I know I shouldn't moan, I'm obviously his favourite (or the push over), but wow this weekend he has tested me!


Off now to put him to bed as he has fallen asleep next to me on the sofa, Noah that is, not Tony.

Night all, have a lovely week. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment