Friday 8 August 2014

Coffee nightmare

This morning we woke to find Noah in our bed. Neither of us knew he had got in, neither of us know what time he crept up between us. But that means one thing, he'll be tired for the rest of the day as he obviously woke early.

I haven't seen my friend Leanne for a couple of weeks, so messaged her and we arranged to meet for coffee at the Village hotel.

We sat outside but it quickly began raining, so we moved inside to the small seating area. This is where the fun began. Noah would not stop whinging, moaning, crying, hitting me, dragging the chair across the floor making it squeak, generally annoying everyone in the coffee shop.

I think this went on for about 45 mins before he had pushed me to the limit. I think I had told him about 6 times previous to stop misbehaving and had even given him my phone to let him play with thinking he must be bored..... none of this worked.

The second he began to scream in my face, I decided we would leave the shop which sent him into overdrive. Screaming laying on the floor to the giggles of people around us. I certainly was not giggling. 

As any mum knows, this is the height of embarrassment. You look like you cannot control your child, people would be making remarks such as "she can't control him", "he needs more discipline", "what an awful child". 
Also as any mum knows, this is just children for you. Most of the time they behave, sometimes they don't, especially when tired.

So, we moved outside where Noah continued to cry hysterically for about another 20 mins. We struggled to chat through it, losing track of what we were saying numerous times and barely able to hear each other.

He eventually seemed to cheer up a bit, probably because he could walk around and not be constricted to a chair when he told me he needed a wee. So we went into the toilets, which unfortunately you pass a swimming pool to get to. As we came out of the toilet, he asked to see the swimming pool again, which I was ok with. He was finally happy, so I was not going to stop that.

We met Leanne outside again and he continued to be happy, until he asked to go back in again and the answer was no. The crying began again and he threw himself on the floor. I think we'd got to the end of what we could handle for one day and were going to get going anyway, when Noah announced he wanted to go to Leanne's to see the 'big dogs'. 

As this wasn't an option, I had the screaming child to deal with the whole way home. The picture below sums up exactly the extent of how my coffee date went.


Being a mum is the most rewarding thing in the world, but today has been hard work, all because he's tired. This is why sometimes a night off or a few hours out is nice, to be able to have you time and be able to concentrate on something properly.

Huge apologies for the stressful coffee date Leanne and thank you for not abandoning me, running off into the distance as fast as you could!! 

As you can now see, he's peacefully asleep and I have been able to write this post!


The joys of motherhood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment