Monday 5 May 2014

A little catch up.....

Yet again time has flown by and I've not updated my blog for an age.

I honestly feel like if life doesn't slow down soon, I will internally combust. Its crazy that we are already in May and all getting ready for the summer.

So, what has happened lately? 

Tony has set up a gym in our garden so that he can start offering PT sessions to anyone who wants to lose a few pounds or change their body shape. I know he's my other half and I would sing his praises regardless, but he truly does know his stuff. He has helped me no end, although lets face it, I find it hard to listen to him. Its the equivalent of being taught to drive by your significant other! 
Its his true passion though to do PT work for a living, so he really does enjoy it and fingers crossed it pays off for him in the near future. As I said to him, you need to take these chances in life, for it to ever work. His company is called Top Condition Personal Training and if anyone want to check it out he's on Facebook, Twitter and has a website.

We booked an impromptu holiday to Portugal, 5 days before we went! It all began with me saying that work was really stressing me out lately. I feel I never have enough time with Noah and with saving for the wedding, a holiday was out the window. Tony started looking for a 2 night stay at Euro Disney, something which costs an absolute fortune!!! I told him that Noah can wait for Florida when he's nine! Instead, we started searching for a week away somewhere sunny. The prices were amazing, so before we knew it, we had booked it and was packing our cases. Sorry...... did I say we?!?! Let me rephrase.... I began packing our cases.

The holiday was everything we needed and more. Us three, together, in the sun, no work just the beach and swimming pool. I couldn't thank Tony enough for booking it and we did not want to come home.



We have been home just over a week and already the holiday feels forever ago. I'm trying my hardest not to let work stress me out, but thats never going to happen. I don't know why I let it bother me, but I do, because ultimately its something I don't want to be doing and it is taking me away from spending time with Noah. As well as the job is actually really stressful! 

One of my bestest friends recently went back to work and was finding the process really difficult. I told her the way I think of it is, what do I remember from being 2, 3, 4, 5 years old? Not much to be honest. In fact I don't even remember my first day at school, let alone a fun day I had at home with my mum. I do however remember things I did when I was older, say 9, 10 years old. By going to work now, ensuring we have a good salary coming in, means we can make their memories when they are older, even better than what they would be. Holidays to Florida, endless days out, all the things we need to work now for to make happen.

I know some people say that its not all about money, but when you have NO option but to work, you have to try and put a positive spin on it some how. We don't qualify for any tax credits etc, even with me not working at all, and me not working is not an option. I would not put that stress on Tony to have to earn a certain amount, to have to pay for us as a family all the time when it would be a struggle. I always think he would love to be at home as much as me, so why should I get that perk if he doesn't? 
I don't mean to offend anyone who is in a position to stay at home, but as a working mum, you often feel you have to justify why you work and how you could possibly leave your little cherub to go to work, like we want to do that. Don't get me started on the subject because when I'm on my soap box I won't get off!

Unless of course his PT stuff takes off and he's a successful business man...... then stuff that crap, i'm not working :-P

Life just seems very busy at the moment as always and I could probably cry when I talk about it. But there will be a day, not too far away the speed with which these years are passing by, that we sit back and say wow that was a lot of fun........ we're bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment