Friday 22 October 2021

Single and not quite ready to mingle

 Hi everyone, 

Can you all believe that we are almost in November of 2021? I definitely can't! Especially because I feel like my life is exactly where it was this time last year 😩

I know most of you know the situation because we are friends on facebook, so I won't bore you with it all, but let's just say..... I didn't learn my lesson, yes he was having his cake and eating it (like many of you told me) and absolutely he is a massive twat.

But the good thing is I would not go back there now even if I had a gun pointed at my head telling me I had to (especially not after what I saw with my own eyes a couple of weeks ago 🤮).

So, I'm most definitely single and for the first time in what feels like forever I'm allowed to look at other men and think "hmm he's nice looking, maybe I should see if he's interested". See, even though some people don't, most people wait until they're single to do that so I'm definitely out of practice.

Also, how on earth do you date when you have a child? How do I know they're not all psycho killers who want to murder me and kidnap my child. How do I learn enough about someone to know they are the sort of person I want around my child? Who will love him like he's his own and treat him as well as I do.

This is really not going to be easy. Had I have known this would be my life, maybe I could've also lined someone up before hand so I already knew all this stuff before I had to make the decision of whether they were good enough to be in Noah's life! 😜

Plus last time I tried to date someone at the end of last year, it caused merry hell and meant World War III almost descended in my front room. Surely that can't happen again? I mean, I didn't think it would happen last time considering the other side of the situation was in love with his new girlfriend, but it did and it swiftly put a stop to everything for me because I needed to consider Noah above everything.

This really is something I'm not sure I'm ever going to be ready for. 

I'm almost 40, trying to meet someone. Men at this age have either never been married/had kids and expect me to think there's not something wrong with them or they are divorced and he has his kids on different weekends to which I have Noah and therefore we can never see each other.

Then I'm back to "Is he a serial killer"....... 😂

And these days I'm guessing I'll be swiping left or right rather than chatting at a bar?

If I can't laugh about it, I'll cry...... and there's been enough tears shed over this past year to fill a pool so laughter it is.

Wish me luck in this new chapter of my life, when I finally feel ready to step into the dating world.



Love Sara xx


No comments:

Post a Comment