Sunday 22 November 2020

On the up!

If anyone had of told me 14 weeks ago that I would feel happy and positive about my future, I would have told them to go back to the funny farm they came from! I just didn't see how it would be possible to feel how I feel now so soon to be honest, and it's taken me by surprise (I mean what hasn't this year). But things are definitely on the up and I feel really good! Now we just need lockdown to go away so I can get more of these cuddles with my new nephew!

I'm feeling mega excited that December is just around the corner and my front room will no longer be full of boxes as of next weekend, so I can think about getting the Xmas decorations down.

I think I might buy a few new decorations this year, just to signal the start of a new era, with some light up letters from M&S being the first purchase. In fact, I'm going to order them now whilst i'm on my laptop!

These are the letters and I've bought 'S & N' for me and the boy 😍. I already know where I want to put them and I think i'll be hard pushed to put them away after Xmas!


So far we've had Bedgebury lights cancelled for next Sunday which is disappointing, I've had meals with friends cancelled and I'm waiting for Father Xmas to not be able to go ahead. However, I've made lots of new plans just recently in the hope that lockdown does in fact lift at the beginning of December & I really hope they can go ahead (I know its probably not going to happen, but a girl can dream).

I've also finally started Xmas shopping. I'm usually so organised, but have felt all over the place this year, so much so that I've struggled with the idea of buying gifts. But I'm on it and slowly spending a small fortune on gifts. Why is it the more they cost, the smaller they are and the less room they take up in the stocking? Therefore, it looks like you've barely bought anything!

And I'm on the hunt for a digital only PS5........ Again a girl can dream (he already knows he might have to wait until January).

Hope you are all starting to feel festive now that it's just around the corner and if Heart radio at work on Friday is anything to go by, it's time for Michael Bublé to start defrosting and Mariah Carey to get that voicebox warmed up!

It really is the most wonderful time of the year 🎄.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment