Thursday 30 November 2017

What are the chances.....

I had my first shift as a student midwife this week and wow!!!!

The most crazy thing happened!

So, a bit of background info..... an old school friend contacted me to ask when I was going out on placement as she was due to have a baby at the end of November. She said it'd be brilliant if I ended up with her whilst she was having the baby, but the chances of that happening would be very slim.

Fast forward to my first shift and as I walk into the first ever birth I've attended, it was my school friend!!!!! 

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT HAPPENING?!?!

Bound by confidentiality, all I can say is that she was absolutely amazing! A true warrior, who showed exactly why women are the most amazing gender when it comes to what they can endure during childbirth.

Safe to say I felt so utterly privileged to be able to help and support her after the birth and cannot believe this is going to be my job in the future. 

The most special time in a woman's/families lives, and I get to be there to witness it all.

If Carlsberg did 'most amazing job in the world'............ 😍

xx 🤰🏻xx

No comments:

Post a Comment