Sunday 22 October 2017

So much has changed!

I haven't blogged in forever! So much has been happening that I just haven't had a chance to put any of it down on 'paper'.

As many of you know (because I don't stop going on about it), I am now a STUDENT MIDWIFE!!!! The one job I have wanted to do forever!

It's funny because on Timehop or Facebook memories I quite often have a status pop up saying how much I would love to be a midwife and the time has finally come! 

I have now been at university for 7 weeks tomorrow and the time is flying. It's exciting, but daunting and completely wonderful all at the same time. I truly cannot believe even now that I am on this journey of what I think is the best job in the world.

Our cohort, big up the SM17 posse, are already going to be friends for life and I genuinely can't fathom how I got so lucky to be on this journey with such a great group of women.

Unfortunately we are sworn to secrecy, due to being in a professional role, by the NMC with regards to information about our student midwife lives, but I have been given my first choice hospital as placement and in my opinion the best first area for practice. 

If I am lucky, I could have hands on with a delivery of a baby before the end of the year!!!

I'm hoping it all works out with childcare for Noah, but so far mum guilt has taken a back seat as I can attend 2 of his assemblies and the Santa's grotto day I have booked. It was just pure chance that I am not on shift for those days, but it means I don't feel like the worst mum!

It really is difficult for mum's to follow their career dreams, when it shouldn't be so hard. Why is it that women have to sort childcare, and be able to do the school run etc? Why does this never fall under the remit of dad? 
I am very fortunate to have Tony who is self-employed, as he really does take on half of the parenting responsibilities to help me follow the path I want in life. 

Hopefully I can start to blog a little more, documenting what I can of my journey and showing people how you can be a woman, who is a mum, but also wants the most out of life and a career.

I'm sure it's not going to be all smooth sailing, but at the moment I couldn't ask for it to have gone any better! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment