Wednesday 28 January 2015

Things to be grateful for

I haven't posted for ages and today whilst sat at home with a poorly Noah, I was thinking about all the things I'm grateful/thankful for.

Our lovely house that I moan about all the time because it's not finished, but it's a little goldmine. We've found ourselves in a very fortunate position because of when we bought and that it's a 'doer upper'.

My job, which as much as I don't like, my colleagues are the best and my new line manager seems decent too. Think I'm going to get on well with him and hopefully feel supported.

My friends. Old friends from years ago, my girls, they know who they are. Always there for each other, always there when I need them, always there when I need to laugh. My newer friends who are some of my best friends too. Can tell them anything, talk for hours, have a laugh and love a gossip. 

My family, my constant in my life. Mum and Dad, still together, still going strong. Dad still driving us all insane and I wouldn't have it any other way. My mum, always been very close, and as much as we are very different people, we enjoy the same things in life. My sister, who I would say I have grown a lot closer to since we don't live together. Have a great bond and would do anything for each other. My brother, the baby, the one we all mother. We're probably most alike but boy is he annoying! But I can't imagine him not being annoying. My nan, who although she is as deaf as a doorpost and drives our entire family crazy, she's amazing and has helped us all when we have needed it.

My fiancé. My rock, my hero who is always there for me. Working his socks off for us as a family and I know he will succeed. He's almost there. He puts up with me, which he needs a medal just for that. He gives me everything he can and does everything to make me happy. He's amazing, and I have never loved anyone like I love him. Not even Mark Owen when I was 12! :-) Our wedding is soon and I cannot wait to marry this man and finally be his Mrs.

My Noah, my ginger one. Absolutely cannot express how grateful I am for him to be in my life. He's such a special little boy, who brings me so much joy every day. He's mischievious, sends me almost over the edge and brings me crashing back with fits of laughter. He is my world, him and his daddy together. Thick as thieves the 3 of us together forever.

After months of having a pretty rough time, I'm trying to appreciate the good things in life. Trying to not let the past get to me too much. 
That's part of my problem and I admit that. I dwell too much on everything that has happened in the past. Not sweating the small stuff.

It's tough! For someone who has constantly lived on the 'why did that happen' thread with every aspect of their life, it's a whole new way of thinking. 

It's all about the present. Forget the past, it's happened. Don't waste the present thinking about the future. Live the here and now and make the most of it.

It's my intentions for this year.

Cheers for reading. xx

3 comments:

  1. well said Sara, you have much to be thankful for, life is for living something you can't do if you dwell on the past, so go grab your future girl and make the most of every precious day x x (love reading your blogs, keep going), not sure if my name will appear, so positive thoughts and love sent Karen Lowrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, yes I can see its you! Thank you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself intentionally looking for your blogs now!! I love them! Xx

    ReplyDelete